blank'/> I'm lovin' it!: Be kind. Always.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Be kind. Always.


I fully agreed!!! I really want to thank my close and loved ones for always sparing a thought for me and always helping me. I have so many wonderful friends.

And I have met friends/colleagues who always readily foot the bill. Always so generous, giving and sharing. And I have met people who treated money more than anything. Even when they were obviously the ones eating and spending way more... more... more than any of us at the table. They will try to siam or hesitate for some time (a long while) when it comes to the bill. Ahahhahahahahahaha~

"その子を 知らざれば その友を 視よ"

"When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends."
~Japanese Proverb

I have always try to be the quiet observer, although I always seem blur, ignorant and superficial to some. Being street smart, how to deal with people and the ability to be able to 看人看到骨子里 (how to "read" people's real intention and how to "tell" what's the real personality/character of that person you're dealing with) are some really useful life skills. All these are not what I am good at. But I am always curious. (Come on, Esther, please be more curious and serious about your studies!!!)

Anyway, at one point in life, I even find kindness a liability in me. What good does it do? Today's society do not care about good and kind people. She only cares about successful or wealthy or powerful people.

However, I have experienced for myself so much kindness, help and love from people around me or even strangers. I can really feel it in my heart. I really feel so grateful, thankful and blessed.


Someone once said, "In order for people not to bully you, you have to start bullying others?" WTF is this logic? To think that I even agreed at that moment. This is so wrong. Kindness is a sign of strength, not weakness. Kindness is a virtue. Kindness is even more valuable than all the money or all that material possessions.

Be kind to yourself. Be kind to others.
“Be kind to unkind people. They need it the most.” (Ashleigh Brilliant) Kill them all with kindness!!!



What do we hope to achieve in our lives? Everybody chases after different goals in life. Our own definition of success or the lives that we wanted are all defined differently. 

At the end of the day, on our deathbeds, nothing much matters. 

Do you have any regrets in life? Is your life worth living? Are you a better version of yourself? Lastly, have you made a difference in others' lives?


“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” 
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: